Professional Basketball Scouting Combine
The Scouting Combine is a tryout for numerous ABA, ABL, NBDL, CBL & PBL teams. In addition, invitations have been sent to hundreds of scouts and agents looking for talent for multiple teams and organizations.
The following coaches will be at the tryouts:
2x NBA Champion
CEO Bluff City Reign
10-year NBA career
11 years as pro
12-year career as player/coach
11:00am - 12:30pm
- Player Check-in
- Jersey & Identification # issued (yours to keep)
- Physical Stats recorded
- Video Interview
- Open Gym
We will be using a modified SPARQ Testing. Please note that some of the items listed below may be omitted and additional criteria added.
- Body mass - used with the vertical jump result to calculate a leg power score.
- Lane Agility Drill - measures how fast a player moves laterally around the key (used in the NBA draft too)
- Standing Vertical Jump - a measure of leg explosive power.
- Kneeling Power Ball Throw - performed like a chest pass while kneeling, this test measures upper body power. It is also called the Chest Launch.
- 3/4 Court Sprint - time to sprint over the distance of three quarters of the court is measured in seconds (used in NBA draft too)
- Multi-Stage Hurdle - a test of agility and lower body strength endurance.
- Max Touch - a basketball specific test that measures maximum touch height, which reflects stature and wingspan with the physical abilities of jump mechanics and explosive leg power.
1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Match-up Press Drills... breakdown drills for teaching the full-court match-up press (15-20 min).
- Transition Offense Drills... rebound and outlet, filling the lanes, 2-on-1 and 3-on-2 breaks (10 min).
- More Transition Offense Drills... rebound-outlet-break drill, and pepper-runner drill (5-10 min).
- 2-on-1 Continuous Transition Drill... transition offense-defense, conditioning, passing on the move, 2-on-1 offense-defense.
- Transition Drills... competitive transition drills.
- Fast-Break Drills (2-on-0,on-1,on-2)... a favorite passing on the move transition drill, 2-on-0, 2-on-1 and 2-on-2 (5-10-min).
- 5-on-0, 5-Trips Drill... use this drill for teaching the secondary numbered break, or for running plays off the break (5-10-min).
- 4-on-4 Transition... transitioning from offense to defense, defense to offense (10 min).
- 4-on-4-on-4 Transition Drill... a favorite full-court 4-man teams drill (10-15 min).
- Pitch and Fire... full-court transition, conditioning drill with speed dribble, pass and lay-up (5-10 min).
- Piston Full-Court Drill... full-court conditioning drill, sprint after the speed dribbler and cut and defend (5 min).
- Rebound-Outlet-Break Drill... transiton drill getting the fast break going (10-15 min).
- Footwork Drills... a footwork drill combining a jump-stop, reverse pivot, V-cut, forward pivot, and triple threat in one drill (5 min).2-Man Shooting Drills... partner shooting drills, catch and shoot, shot-fake and jump-shot, shot-fake and lay-up, Bird drill, etc.
20-Minute Break Time
"Make It, Take It" Half-Court
Full Court 5v5
Game simulation with referees. 10-man teams with each player guaranteed 10 minutes of playing time. 30-minute game w/ running clock stopped only by a time-out or free-throw attempts.
- All participants must fill out an application and sign waiver assuming all responsibility in case of an unforeseen injury.
- It is your responsibility to be here on time for all combine events, including REGISTRATION. We reserve the right to cancel your ability to participate in the combine due to being late for the registration period. Do not wait until 12:30 pm and expect to receive all the marketing benefits of this tryout. We will not be doing make up physicals or video interviews to late registrants.
- Your video interview should include a maximum 3 minute pitch as to why you would make a good & Professional player.
- If you have a prepared basketball resume, please submit it at the registration deck.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for the use of profanity on the property. Players who cannot control their emotions or language will be removed instantly.
- If you order a DVD of your combine highlights, it will be sent via mail within 10 business days of combine.
|Combine & Tryout||Add to cart|
|10-Minute Highlight DVD|
10-minute edited video of your best highlights on a DVD
|Add to cart|
Copy of your SPARQ testing results
|Add to cart|
|Webpage & Contact List|
Custom built webpage, which will include 10-minute highlight video and/or SPARQ results if purchased), along with a comprehensive list of names of agents and teams throughout the world looking to add talent. List contains over 600 primary contacts for easy self marketing.
|Add to cart|
Includes Combine & Tryout, 10-Minute Highlight DVD, SPARQ Test Results, and Webpage & Contact List